2.27.2009

Section III is the legal part of the Malleus that describes how to prosecute a witch. The arguments are clearly laid for the lay magistrates prosecuting witches. Institoris and Sprenger offer a step-by-step guide to the conduct of a witch trial, from the method of initiating the process and assembling accusations, to the interrogation (including torture) of witnesses, and the formal charging of the accused. Women who did not cry during their trial were automatically believed to be witches.
Via Wikipedia

I read this aloud.
(Long story as to why I was on this wikipedia page)
Me: Oh. I would be believed to be a witch then.
Cath: I believe it.

Fun fact for context: I don't tend to cry when it would make sense to. I don't cry at like, group gatherings. I cry when I can't get my drawers to interact correctly with my dresser.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: