10.20.2009

Also, my laptop case is airport-friendly!

Hotel Shuttle Driver: Anyone here going to the Renaissance Hotel? Its architecture is very famous. You hear about it all the time.

There's a rather delightful quote without context for you.

Today I went to classes at Brown. The second one, Neural Systems, went way over my head, but it also let out early, which gave me twenty minutes of not knowing what to do with myself. I went to Starbucks and got a tall coffee and an apple bran muffin.
Then I was walking around trying to re-navigate myself to the dorm that I'd slept in and I walked by a tour group. At the same moment I walked by this tour group, I spilled coffee on myself. Not too much, but enough to look completely dysfunctional.
It was great. Everyone was staring at me, I guess assuming I was a student. I wanted to be like "Don't worry, I don't go here, Brown students are not in fact completely spastic, they know how to use commas correctly too, don't mind me"

Then we flew to Philly. At the airport I was having problems. The root of this problem was the fact that I am constantly at odds with the physical world. Things like spilling coffee and heavy suitcases align themselves against me.
But in the security line I made friends with some pilots. We chatted about the ridiculous nature of making pilots go through the security lines with the rest of us. They decided I was a cynic. I think that's the first time I've been told that.
Maybe not.
I'm kind of bipolar in that regard. I'm either completely naive and living in a world of rainbows, or I trust no one and guard myself against everything. It's one way or the other.

Now we're staying at a hotel near Swarthmore. I remember coming here (not to this hotel, but to this area) last August, when I was just starting the whole college thing. It's weird, I was obsessed with a couple songs by The Postal Service and I was just beginning to blog and I was wondering what school would be like when we went back.
Well, here I am again, blogging, my newest crop of songs from Death Cab for Cutie, and I'm wondering- What will school be like when I go back?
I'm excited to see everyone.
I'm pretty sure I said that last august too.
I was optimistic about junior year. I had good reason to be. Junior year, despite its madness, was actually pretty awesome.
Senior year has been a completely different kind of insane, and I'm still trying to discern its awesomeness. I can't draw any clear conclusions until I go skiing.

Therefore, it is too soon to say.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: