10.16.2009

New carreer path alert!

I just watched Chocolat with my parents. I've been in a bit of a directionless rut lately, but during the movie I had an epiphany.
I want to be a pirate. Or as they called them in Chocolat, a River Rat.
I will live on a boat with lots of similarly irreverent friends and we will sing and dance and travel from place to place, and we will hang out with Johnny Depp, and we will also be very well educated pirates, which is why we will spend a lot of our time on our boat (while we're not singing and dancing) reading books of philosophy and discussing important things like Plato.

Oh wait, that was my life for a little while. Minus the boat.

Anyway, this is what I intend to pursue after college.
Real Conversation-
Me: Mom, I want to be a pirate! If I were on a boat with people singing and dancing and drinking gin and swearing and such, I would not have any of these problems! You should have been a pirate, so I could have been born on a pirate ship! Mom it would have been so great!
Mom: Sorry, all the pirates I knew turned into investment bankers.

Avast, mateys!

Love always,
Clara

No comments: