10.21.2009

July! July!

That's the name of a song by the Decemberists.
I'm listening to my music from July. It's really taking me back.

"Am I just growing up, or am I growing old?"
"Sewer smoking, what the hell? Is it toxic? I can't tell"
"Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?"
"You make my frown turn upside down, and all my worries are gone"
"We were victims, together but lonely"
"I MAKE THEM GOOD GIRLS GO, GOOD GIRLS GO BAD!"

Right now I'm thinking of a lot of things, and one of them is Daphna and how she was so obsessed with that last song which very much threw off my obsessive compulsive song-listening habits. Damn her. (Just kidding. <5)

I miss my American friends, but I'll see them on Friday! It was going to be thursday, but I don't get in to DC until 6PM, and then I have to get settled with the wonderful family friends who are putting up with me for the next week. Unless anyone wants to kidnap me for dinner thursday night after that?
Just a thought. I really do miss you guys like crazy.

Although here's an unexpected phenomenon- right now, I also miss my Swiss/randomly international friends. I haven't seen them in a couple weeks, and they're wonderful people.
This is a predicament. But I think I set myself up for this one.
I am forever doomed to missing one group or missing the other, or the worst of all, missing everyone at once.
The fact that I now have an eternal curse basically means I definitely am cut out to be a pirate. Well that's reassuring.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Katie said...

i'm in math and youre almost here youre almost here youre almost here!

You're coming to school tomorrow, right? No one knows how to contact you by the way.

See you tomorrow!