10.14.2009

The most swiss I've felt in months.

I'm in a hotel at the base of the Matterhorn, the mountain I've been hearing about for years, because my dad's sort of a little bit obsessed with it.
Also, tonight I had fondue for dinner.
I have never felt more like yodeling and buying liederhosen.

Actually, I really do want to find some liederhosen before I go home.

We left Geneva (aka Genf, aka Geneve) this morning. Mom and I took the train and, again, were completely dysfunctional, and dad and Grace drove for three hours in total silence. Geneva is definitely my favorite city so far- it feels so... French. I love it.
Last night we went to this conference at the University of Geneva about genomics- Craig Venter was the speaker, and a friend of a friend of ours. Google him- he's brilliant.
The lecture was more scientific than I thought it would be, which I appreciated- I'd assumed he'd be dumbing it down for the clueless political sorts such as my father, but it was a pretty university-oriented crowd. I only understood a lot of what I understood because of my internship last summer.
The lecture was also in English, which I also appreciated.

I really really really want to learn French.

Tomorrow we're going to take a train up a mountain or something, and I'll probably put in braids and legit find some liederhosen. This really needs to happen.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yay the matterhorn! I love Geneva too.

Btw, my facebook's been really weird for the past couple of weeks and won't let me log on most of the time. Just in case you thought I was ignoring you.