5.19.2010

cougars

Me: Mom! I have standards!

Mom: Have you seen this show, Cougars? ... There's this mother on it, and she's always saying these horrible things to her son, and it reminds me of us.

Mom really didn't want me to blog that. Hah. We just skyped for a while. It was chill.

I just told David the story of why Grace should never have gotten into kindergarden. To get into kindergarden at our school, you have to know your phone number. I knew my phone number, so I got into first grade.
My mom knew that this was part of the standard rigorous-admission-procedures, and clearly she wasn't completely secure in my sister's abilities to really impress on this test. So she taught my sister a song of our phone number.
And in that critical moment, she hummed it.

And that, my dear readers, is why Grace got a good education. Lies and deception.

Quote without context-
David: Tiny David should have been a tiny-baby-model.

I'm telling David that I'm going to marry this kid I'm living with, since he's about the most adorable thing on the planet. Such a gentleman. He's in fourth grade.

David: I've dated my share of small children. But that was when I was a small child, so it was chill. Not like your situation.

So um, that's been today. I also finished my second book? Hooray for that.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: