5.12.2010

epic awesome indian food

It was an incredibly slap-happy evening. That's really the only way to describe tonight's events.

Eleni and I met up at school to drive over to her neighborhood (which I could have found with my Garmin, had I a Garmin in my new car, whose name is Benny, by the way. He's not actually mine; he came from the dealership. But we like each other. He's quite agreeable).
We end up meeting up with Claire and Jessica and Jill and going to get Indian food. I really like indian food. This worked well for me.

Jill had this really large umbrella.
Really large.

There were all of these hysterical can't-breathe-laughing moments at dinner, and all of them are escaping me. But I do remember that the sinks in the bathroom were brilliant. The water essentially cascaded down this glass disk, and then it felt like a massage on your hands. I have never encountered a sink about which I have had such strong feelings before.
(I realize I just went far out of my way to avoid ending a clause with a preposition [about], only to end the sentence with a preposition [before]. I really can't figure out a construction that avoids that problem without even more cumbersome awkwardness, so you preposition-nazis can just deal with it)

Jill revealed to us that she doesn't know what to do when people cry in front of her.

Jill: It's so uncomfortable! I'm like, 'Emotions? What am I supposed to do with this?'

Then we walked to this gelato/coffee/tea shop.

Jill: jananajajanajana
Me: What?
Eleni: Didn't you hear her George-of-the-Jungle story earlier?
Me: Oh yeah! Sorry, yeah, I was listening to that. I just didn't put the two together. It's so awkward when that happens and then the person is like "Oh, I guess you weren't listening." I have this purse... I got it at H&M...
Claire: What?
Me: Well... It's more of a clutch, I guess. I brought it to school for a while.
Claire: Oh, a purse! I thought you said... a curse! So I was like... H&M?

Claire had some problems with her hearing in general. And I had some problems with redundant statements.

Me: I like hoodies because hoodies have hoods!

Then we went to Barnes and Noble and sat on the floor and read books. I found one that helped me express my love for Jill as a daughter.

Me: Daughter, You are so special to me. Every time I see you, my heart is filled with joy... You are a very special gift.
Jill: ... Thank you.
(later)
Jill: I should get one of these so that I can express my emotions.

Then we read books about astrology.

Eleni: Clara, you and I would be a fiery passionate match.

Aries and Leo apparently are good for each other, although I really can't picture myself getting fiery and passionate with Eleni.

Me: THIS BOOK LOVES ME! THEY THINK I'M AWESOME! THEY'RE SO RIGHT!
Eleni: This book thinks I want an ornate Venetian mirror. Hm.

Katie and I used to read this intense horoscope book that she had when we were younger. It said that she and I, Scorpio and Aries, were both prone to head injuries. It was interesting.

I thought most of the descriptions of my birthday-horoscope were pretty spot-on though. The book said that my greatest challenge was "coming out of my shell" and that I was endlessly optimistic and fiercely independent, and that I didn't want a "submissive lover". Also, I tended to be detatched, and at my worst, I'm stubborn and a bit of a workaholic. I think that's true more for things I'm passionate/stressed about (e.g. Yearbook) and not so much for things that I see as frustrating wastes of time (e.g. Physics).
Very interesting stuff. I don't think there's anything to it, except the power of suggestion, but at the same time... it is a little bit uncanny, because those descriptions actually suit me pretty well.

All in all, a hilarious night. I'm enjoying this whole end-of-high-school thing.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Blue Disastrous said...

"I have never encountered a sink about which I have had such strong feelings before."

It may become:
"I have never before encountered a sink about which I have had such strong feelings."

:)