5.25.2010

old things

I'm listening to "I Want You to Know" by Chantal Kreviazuk right now. I loved this song in eighth grade. Actually, most of my music taste in eighth grade was very heavily influenced by the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants soundtrack.
I am just remembering this now.

At the end of eighth grade, I had a sentimental streak. I started making all of these tribute slideshows to my friends, and I never showed any of them to anyone, but windows movie maker and I spent a lot of time together. I don't think I even saved them when I got Patrick (freshman year). Shortly thereafter, my old IS laptop died, and I think with it died those videos.
That's a shame. I'd have loved to watch them. Where was I even getting pictures of people? We weren't on facebook in those days.

I used to stay up late talking to people online.
Oh wait, I still do that.
But these were like, pleasantly random people, people I never talked to much in real life, but always sort of wished I had.

I was weirdly sad to see eighth grade go. I was pretty sad to see ninth grade go, too. Tenth grade, I was just done with, and I wanted it over, now. Then I dragged my feet as much as I could last year, mostly because I was moving, and didn't want to, and now I'm at the end of high school, and I feel like senior year has already ended and now we're all in this weird pre-graduation limbo.
And I hardly recognize my eighth grade self.
And I started that recollection in eighth grade, because seventh grade feels way too foggy to say anything relevant or true about. So that's pretty trippy.

Except obviously I still have a sentimental streak, because right now I'm listening to Chantal Kreviazuk and blogging about the old times.
Hm.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: