5.05.2010

problem: solved

There are some things that my parents are better at than I am. One of these things is throwing bitchfits. I think it's my mom, specifically.

I told them my AP situation.

And I took the BC Calc exam, at school, this morning.
Hooray. My rant was for naught. I'm not even disappointed for the sake of the rant; that's how happy I am.
(I will admit that sometimes when something bad happens, I rant about it here, and then if it's resolved, I'm a little bit sad because I liked the rant so much. This is not one of those times.)

The exam itself wasn't that bad. I wrote the college board more letters. I've stopped capitalizing their names.
dear college board,
I will not capitalize your letters. I can even spell things wrong. This may be childish, but I just need to convey how little respect I feel for you.
sincerely, Clara
I also drew some things. A banana, and a chicken hang-gliding over Lake Geneva. I wrote, "this is Switzerland. You should go there."
dear college board,
it is sunny outside and you may not ruin my mood.
sincerely, Clara
I spent the afternoon outdoors, chilling with a pretty random crew. Then I went into a tree to read Nietzche. I found it strangely fitting.

I had so many funny conversations today, but I can't remember any of them. It's a shame; I wish I could recount them here.

Oh, here's one.

David: It would be like yelling at a panda.
Me: Oh, why would you yell at a panda?
David: Because he's my AP Stat teacher.
Me: Oh.

Me: Douchetastic Senior isn't much like Douchetastic Junior I don't think. Douchetastic Senior is just like, 'oh yeah, there isn't a lot going on in my life' whereas junior is like "I AM SPECIAL!"

I really can't elaborate on that one, unfortunately, but I really liked those nicknames.

Me: Nick, do you not understand code words at all?
Nick: I do, but what would 'sex' be a code word for?
Me: No. [redacted] means sex. Seriously?
Nick: Ohhh.

There are so many more Real Conversations at this school.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Daphna said...

sex can defs be a code word. clearly nick doesn't know us well enough.