5.23.2010

prom!



Last night! Prom! T'was fun.
The dinner beforehand was hysterical though.

Jessica: My sister told me good luck before I left. I was like, "for what?" and she said "You know, so you don't embarrass yourself."
Me: My sister said good luck too! Although she didn't go that far. I don't know what she meant by it. She was speaking through my father. It was a seance.
Will: She's dead?! What?

Also, the limo ride. That was a blast and a half (on the way to prom. On the way back, it was a car full of vaguely cranky people attempting to power-nap, except Sam).
Did you know that an acronym is only really an acronym if it spells a word? If you pronounce the letters, (e.g. CIA, UPS), it's an initialism. Sam was illustrating that point.

Sam: [seeing "SIEU" on the side of a building] SIEU. That's an initialism. Service industry...
Me: How do you know it's not an acronym? Sieu. Actually, that's not an acronym or an initialism or anything. That's a name.
Sam: No, it stands for service industry something union, I think
Me: Um, Sam, I know that guy. Jon Sieu. He's a friend of my parents and he owns that company. It's an energy firm of some sort, I don't know the details... I knew their offices were in the Dupont area. I guess this is it.
Sam: Really? I'm not sure whether to believe you.
Me: [giggles]

I've become a pathological liar. Also, a kleptomaniac.

I got a whole four and a half hours of sleep last night. It was fantastic. I slept from 6:30 to 11 AM. Then I hung out at Katie's house and tried to revive myself, and then Cath and I had coffee, and then I came back here and hung out in my sweatpants all day. Or, rather, all afternoon/evening, but it felt like the whole day to me.

Now my sleep cycle is crazy weird- it's 9:30 and I feel wide awake (for the first time all day).
Hm.

Love always,
Clara

P.S. The song in that video is a cover of "I Gotta Feeling" by I Am Noxious.

No comments: