6.15.2010

baccawhatt?

Baccalaureate was tonight!
It was super. Mr. C. gave me a nerdy shoutout. Being the attention freak that I am, I loved it.

Wait. Rewind.

The last day of school was today. I literally sat around and signed yearbooks all day. It's hard to come up with clever things to say. I hope I erred on the side of clever and not on the side of creepy (a side with which I am not unfamiliar).
Regardless, that was fun.
Then we had that interminable assembly in the gym with the whole student body, and Yar and Marie gave awesome speeches, and IS bells played "Chasing Cars" which was surprisingly fantastic, and the band played the Harry Potter theme.

Isabella: Are they really playing Harry Potter at the closing assembly?
Me: Yep.
Isabella: It makes me want to go to Hogwarts.

I got that feeling too.

So then I got coffee and that was really great because I love coffee, and then I came back here and did whatever it was that I did, and then I went to baccalaureate. Magnifessence (Mag 7 + Quintessence - seniors = actually quite good) sang "And So It Goes" for us and I almost cried. They are amazing and I love them. Facts of life.

The dinner was pretty great as well. I wish SAGE dining services had prepared that kind of meal for us every day, throughout the four years, instead of just stepping it up when we become imminent alumni, and, thus, soon-enough-money-donators.
It can't be that hard to throw together a meal of sliders, salmon, roast beef, cheesy potatoes (I know there's a word for this), and bread rolls. And then a dessert platter with cheesecake-on-a-stick (I know, right?). They should be able to pull this together every day.

But no.

Alas.

Anyway, at some point between coffee and baccalaureate I got the worst migraine of my life, and I spent a lot of the dinner running around in some kind of headachey haze. It was wild.

Tomorrow is graduation.
Holy shit.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: