6.08.2010

summer songs

I've been downloading music left and right.
By left, I mean iTunes, and by right, I mean various music blogs discovered on hype machine.

Feel it in my Bones (feat. Tegan and Sara) - Tiesto
Playground Love (Air cover) - Phoenix
Opposite of Adults - Chiddy Bang
Everlasting Light - The Black Keys
The Difference Between Us - The Dead Weather
Rill Rill - Sleigh Bells
My Radio (AM Mix) - Stars
Sunlight - The Harlem Shakes
Generator (First Floor) - Freelance Whales
Rebellion (Lies) - Arcade Fire
Death to Death - Stars
The Kids - B.o.B
I"m Not Your Toy - La Roux

Also, the Eclipse soundtrack leaked. The news about this made me curious so I checked it out. I'm realizing with a little bit of joy and a little bit of horror that it's got all of these artists that I love on it. Metric? Florence and the Machine? Vampire Weekend? What?

I'm not pretending I own Florence. But think with me, for a second, about the implications of this. My sister loves Twilight and all things related. She's going to listen to this album on repeat for at the very least a week. And suddenly she'll be introduced to the amazing musical sensations of hearing Metric for the first time (the doctor, the writer, the garbage collector, fingerprinted waiting for the train, lord lord mother, we're all losing love, lord listen lover, we're all missing mama) and what if she likes it?
One part of me says, of course she'll like it. It's great.
Another part of me says, if she likes it, she will have stolen my taste in music by means of trend-following, which I cannot respect.
And a third part of me says that she might just pretend to like it because it's got Robert Pattinson on its album art, and maybe she'll keep on listening to Green Day or whomever it is she likes these days, while proclaiming that The Black Keys are brilliant.
Which, by the way, I've decided they are.

Ugh. This awakens a whole new set of dilemmas.

On a lighter note, check this out:



Love always,
Clara

3 comments:

Grace said...

jesus clara, you're aware that i already liked the mysterious song "police and the private" by metric, right? you put it on your second CTY playlist, remember? plus, i've had "a-punk" by VW on my ipod for a year. rarr, how dare you think i'm just an average mindless twilight fan.

Grace said...

jesus clara, you're aware that i already liked the mysterious song "police and the private" by metric, right? you put it on your second CTY playlist, remember? plus, i've had "a-punk" by VW on my ipod for a year. rarr, how dare you think i'm just an average mindless twilight fan.

clara said...

okay, fair enough. 1. only because i showed it to you. 2. whatever. 3. you are.