6.17.2010

graduation, etc.

Above: Proof that I graduated.
Yesterday.

And yet it still hasn't hit me. I definitely don't feel like a college student. Maybe I will once I get to Brown. But no promises.

In my unable-to-process-abstract-ideas mind, the highlight of the day was going out and buying a graduation present, a Nikon D5000. It is essentially the most wonderful camera in the world and I am in love with it and his name is Turtle. So we've bonded.

It's funny how some of my items have names that just immediately come to me (i.e. Turtle the DSLR, James the point&shoot, Cecilia the swiss iPhone) and some take longer (i.e. Steve the MacBook Pro, Zola the car).
Also, it's funny how much I just name-dropped awesome technology.
I think my life is several standard deviations from the mean.

So today, I was told that I had to go to the pediatrician* to get my meningitis vaccine. So I drive all the way there, only to be told that I actually got that vaccine in 2006, and I can go home. Which is a bit frustrating but not a huge deal, until there was insane traffic and construction on the way home and this entire pointless ordeal took an hour and a half out of my day.
My goodness.

Now I'm trying to pack, because we're moving in with my aunt and uncle for a couple days and then I fly back to Switzerland. Looking forward to that.

Love always,
Clara

*Am I not a little old to be going to a pediatrician? I think so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

check my mom in the background. can you spot her? where's waldo? where's Mari?