6.09.2010

the damp tuxedo

I had my senior project presentation today. It was super. Then I bought some shorts that aren't booty shorts.

Me: I'm really glad I found these non-obscene shorts.
Cath: I'm sure I speak for my entire family when I say, I'm glad you found them too.

Apparently the shorts I was wearing last week (because I had been trying to get a tan! My god...) deeply scandalized Sam. Puritains these days.

Now I'm talking to David.
Me
have you heard from mfost?
David
haha yeah nice nicknamae
Me
(i call her that in my head sometimes)
David
cool, do you call me dwi?
Me
i call you the damp tuxedo
David
WAY BETTER
Oh, so, I got my graduation dress altered. And today they called me to say that it was done and ready (and I love it that much more now) but I didn't pick up, so I got these two mysterious missed calls on my phone.
So I called back.

Phone: Mclean Cleaners
Me: Sorry?
Phone: Mclean Cleaners, can I help you?
Me: Oh, I understand why you've called! Okay. Never mind. I get it now.
Phone: What?
Me: I had a missed call from this number...
Phone: Who are you?
Me: Clara Beyer?
Phone: Oh, your dress is ready.
Me: I know!

I don't know why I made that so awkward/difficult. The guy was clearly very confused. I could have just carried on like a normal person.
But why would I do that?

Love always,
Clara

No comments: