6.10.2010

oh, potomac kids.

Merritt: Sorry about my brother.
Me: Oh, don't worry about it. I was there when your mom was pregnant with this kid.
Wyatt: Really?
Me: Yep! The world did exist before you were born, hard as that is to believe.
Wyatt: Well it must have been awful...
Me: Spoken like a true Potomac student.

Keep in mind, this kid is ten. Maybe.

The rest of the senior project presentations were today. It was phenomenal. I was going to say, who knew Potomac kids were so talented? and then I realize that oh, wait, we all did.
I love our hubris though. I really do.

Senior project presentations, in general, were pretty great. Or, at least, they led to some pretty awesome quotes with minimal context:

Matthew (having worked on a vineyard): I'll be there this summer. I know none of us are of age but.... If any of you guys want to come out and... have a glass of water... it's a great place for a glass of water.

Brian did his project on squash training. It seems he basically worked out and stretched and ate all the time. Cool? (Athleticism in other people will never cease to astound me)

Taylor: Was that like, fun?
Brian: Well, I mean, sitting on the foam roller for like, an hour got boring after a while...
David: You mean the massage was the not fun part?!

My thoughts exactly, David.

Some of the people in my group blogged about their projects! If you want to see the stunning diversity in senior projects, check out these links (and a video!)-



Love always,
Clara

No comments: