3.04.2010

this is a bad joke

Disclaimer: I made up this joke when I was talking to my dog the other day. When I talk to Chili I tend to think/say pretty ridiculous things.

So a man walks into a bakery, leading a huge snake by a leash. The girl behind the counter at the bakery, she's taken aback by this unusual sight. It's her first day on the job though, and she's determined to make a sale.
The man approaches the counter and says, "I'd like to buy a cinnamon bun."
The girl is immediately crestfallen. The bakery only sells the decisively sweet pastries, such as cupcakes, and the decisively ambiguous pastries, such as croissants. All those buns fall weirdly in-between those categories, sweet and yet potentially breakfast foods, and the owner of the bakery is obsessive-compulsive, so that will not do. Cinnamon buns do not fit into his strictly defined concepts of what should be sold in a bakery (although they are clearly bakery-food) and thus they cannot be sold.
The girl does not explain all of this. She simply says, "Sir, I'm sorry, we do not have any cinnamon buns at the moment." She is a bit ashamed of her boss's strange habits. Optimistic, and hopeful that she can make a sale regardless, she offers him a nice loaf of cinnamon-raisin bread, or perhaps a box of iced ginger snaps.
The man says, "Alas, only a cinnamon bun will do. Are you sure there isn't a day-old one in the back or something? I don't mind."
The girl shakes her head. "We actually don't sell cinnamon buns. I'm terribly sorry. Are you sure I can't interest you in a pecan pie? It has cinnamon in it, I believe."
The man sighs. He nods his head to the snake, who is lying on the ground, mostly disinterested in their conversation. "That sounds delicious, but it's not for me, it's for the snake. And I'm afraid my anaconda don't want none unless you've got buns, hun."

The end.

Yes, I just rambled for several minutes, just to end the joke with a line from a song about asses. Because I'm classy like that.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Blue Disastrous said...

That is not a bad joke. It's brilliant! Though somewhat unrealistic; I'd like to have that happen to me, assuming I would be hired by an obsessive-compulsive baker.