2.22.2011

in which i do not in fact go to the museum of science

Yesterday was tremendously busy. I woke up at 12:30 (I think I'm coming down with something), had lunch, and got on a Peter Pan bus to Boston.
Val and Mark and Ken came too. It was awesome.

The plan was to go to the Museum of Science, but on the way there we found out that it costs at least two moneys to get in. That's how I'd been judging everything lately - I got yelp on my phone, and yelp tells you how much things cost on a scale of one money to four moneys.
We didn't want to spend that.
So we investigated some other options, but it turns out that Boston is not big on free or cheap museums. Washington DC should teach it a few things.
After deciding on a possibly-free Museum of Fine Arts, we arrived and discovered that it closed at 4:45. It was 4:15.

At that point we decided to wander into the downtown area and try to find something to do. We took the tram a little way, and then walked around. Boston is a cool city, because it's historic in a different way than DC is. In Boston, you'll find a 400 year old church nestled between a Dunkin Donuts and... another Dunkin Donuts.

Mark: I love anachronisms!

So we walked, got cold, got in touch with Val's friend from BC, decided on a restaurant (which, according to yelp, cost two moneys but was "Casual"), had dinner, hung out at Dunkin Donuts, and took the T back to South Station so that we could catch our 8:00 bus back. Peter Pan has almost redeemed himself for me.

Me: Oh my god. Try this. It's caramel hot chocolate. It's literally the best thing in the world.
Val: The best thing in the world?
Me: I didn't even believe in value judgments until I had this hot chocolate.

Then AEPi had a party, which I attended but wasn't really feeling. I get this impression that I talked to a lot of people about prosopagnosia last night. I'm totally okay with that, to be honest. Sometimes I worry that because I'm tall and blonde people assume I'm a generally normal functioning sociable human being. Rambling about my neurological disorders tends to set them straight.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: