2.10.2011

"speaking of flourishing under constraints..."

Today was a good day.
Thursdays are Fiction days.

We had a cool assignment this week. Given a few short stories, we were to choose one page from each, and write an autobiography using only the words on those pages. At first I thought, "This is impossible and crazy" and then once I finished it I thought, "This is one of the coolest things I've done in a long time."

The thing about being limited in your words is that you wind up having to talk your way around certain things. You end up with sentences like, "I cannot dance, but I laugh with too much intent and lie with my lungs." These things appear to make sense at the moment.

So basically as soon as I got back to my room, Alex came by and asked if I was going with her to the international house's open house. I had no idea it was happening tonight, but of course said yes because it seemed like the right thing to do.
It was. Buxton is awesome. I actually really want to live there next year. Everyone is from different places and has different stories about those places and whatever else. It is mad cool.

I'm applying to live there. We'll see how it goes. So often I say I want something out loud and then I don't get it, so this is bad karma, but I also threw out someone else's trash yesterday, so I had some good karma left over, so hopefully it's okay.
(And I call myself an atheist. Wow.)

Love always,
Clara

No comments: