2.09.2011

wired

Today has had a strange and interesting energy.
I had dinner with John and Benny and Megan.
After dinner I decided I wanted some applesauce. John disapproved, because apparently he does not like applesauce (I do not know why this might be. Applesauce is great.)
I came back and there was some hubbub. I never did learn what the actual hubbub was about.

John: You missed like, three great quotes!
Benny: So you left, and I asked John, "Do you not like your apples... saucy?"
Me: Benny, I think you're wired differently or something.

I do. He says these things that are just brilliant but you have to be thinking sideways to come up with them. My fiction professor would say that it's divergent thinking and a sign of genius and most kindergardeners are awesome at it. We discussed this briefly, and then Megan came back to the table.

John: I'm not wired at all! I don't have any wires!
Megan: Wires? Is this conversation sexual? I hope it is.
Us: What?
Megan: Well, I don't know, if everyone's wired to have sex with you or something, but John's not...
Me: We're talking about Benny actually, but sure.
Benny: Okay.

It was just a generally rambunctious night. Tomorrow will be class and then a vast expanse of time (that I have naturally planned out in manageable portions) and then post-, which hopefully won't keep me up until three in the morning this week.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: