2.13.2011

speed dating

Last night, I speed dated.
That's what they call it when you take a lot of speed, and then go on a date, right?

That was a bad joke and also representative of most of the jokes that were made last night about speed dating. Speed dating itself was a bit of a joke. I found it funny, anyways.

My first date was Benny, who serenaded me. He set the bar pretty high for the other dates, I must say. It's hard to top a serenade date. The best part was that the song was completely original.
I later met a kid named Dylan.

Dylan: Hi, I'm Dylan.
Me: Hi, I'm Clara
Dylan: Like the girl in The Nutcracker?
Me: Yeah!
Dylan: Have you defeated any mouse kings lately?
Me: Not for a little while. They crop up now and then though. I have to stay on my game around the holidays.

He later got my number (I do not know how to not give someone my number). I received this text later in the night:
Dylan
Nutcracker girl...dont fight too many mouse kings without me x Dylan
I wasn't sure how to respond to that. Points for making me giggle though.
There was no set rotation of dates, so the girls just sat still while the guys got up and chose new girls to speedily date. I was sitting next to Val, and we talked about how horrible this was, because it was just like a middle school dance.

Me: What was your least favorite thing about middle school?
Date: Well... I didn't really have any friends... People kind of sucked... I guess that would be it. The social situation.

I immediately regretted asking this question. Clearly I had brought up a somewhat sore topic.

Verdict on speed dating: I had a laugh. Do people do this in real life? Is this a real thing?

Love always,
Clara

No comments: