4.22.2011

klingon

Aaron: Generally, text. On a page. I mean, if you want to build a mechanical robot that... breathes fire... let me know. But yeah, usually people do stories.

Yesterday was an average day in Fiction class and by that I mean nothing made sense ever. We watched the first twenty minutes of Wizard People, Dear Reader, though. I'm half-convinced that Aaron is just trying to turn us into cool people.

Brigham: Why is there a 69 and 1/2 Brown street?
Aaron: Um... hard to say.

After fiction, I went to a lecture with the linguist that the Star Trek people hired to invent Klingon. He was surprisingly charismatic, and I think he had the most interesting career possible for a linguist. This saddens me and makes me wish there were more science fiction movies in need of otherworldly languages, because if so, I would make linguistics my major right now.

Aaron: I hope graphic sex scenes also inspired you to not write about sex ever.

Today has also been fun. I just woke up from that nap that's been three days in the making, which was actually quite nice, and I woke up to a text from Dan.
Dan
I have procured some sir kensingtons ketchup-we now need a tasting party immediately!
Me
Good heavens! Bring on the space disco!
It's been (and, I suspect, will continue to be) a very good friday.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: