4.01.2011

the start of a new month

I was only fooled once today, and it's not that I was fooled so much as that I was a little confused. I'm counting this as a success.
I used to really love April Fool's Day, I think because I used to really love fucking with people when I was younger. Now I just like seeing what Google comes up with.

If we were at school, I bet Brown would have a healthy number of carefully orchestrated April Fools jokes. No such luck though.

Tonight I came home to Claudia (my host) making dinner. We sat around and drank champagne and she made some fish and vegetables for the both of us, and then we had some cheese and bits of a pear, and red wine, and tea. It felt very european.

We had a very good time, talking about the various differences between my generation and hers, and America and Europe (which is, of course, a pretty big place). Both of us have had the experience of being from one place and living in the other, so it was an interesting conversation.

I love being treated as though I am a big adult*. It's a very particular feeling and it's one that doesn't come as often as one might hope.

Love always,
Clara

*Apparently this is the expression I used to use when I was a small child.
e.g. "Mom, when I'm a big adult, I'm going to order pizza all the time" or "Why do the big adults sit in the front seat?" (Also, I have no idea what kinds of thoughts went through my head when I was a small child so these are mere approximations for the sake of the example.)

1 comment:

Lisa Maria Koßmann said...

Tagged as 'drunk blogging is very very bad'.