9.25.2008

It is a dark and stormy night...

But other than that, quite nice. The Office premieres tonight, I have surprisingly little post-illness homework, I have gum (5 cobalt) and four new songs. Songs of recovery:
Simple Song - Miley Cyrus
Here I Dreamt I was an Architect - The Decemberists
Cannonball - Damien Rice
Chicago - Sufjan Stevens
Have literally been listening to these four on repeat basically all day, and owe my relatively-better health to them (although insane amounts of sleep and recommended-dose of advil didn't hurt)

Our phone has been disconnected. This doesn't worry anyone. I didn't even know until I tried to call Katie up for homework and got no dial tone. I go downstairs to use the phone there, and it doesn't work... I ask Mom what's going on, she just offers me her cell phone (mine is dead). I tell her that usually the phones being disconnected is a sign of *incredibly bad things happening*.
She says she doesn't know why the phones don't work, but doesn't have an issue with it. Actual quote from my mother:
"I've been picking up the messages. It just doesn't ring. It's kind of nice"
This woman is insane. I threatened to blog about her. I FOLLOW THROUGH.
I'll admit though, sleeping through most of the day is far easier when the phone isn't ringing all the time.

Off to do that homework then... blegh. Must be done by 9, when The Office starts.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: