9.25.2008

Wandering thoughts

I'm trying to study for my AP US test tomorrow. The thing is, when my brain is trying to learn about the American Revolution, my mind goes all kinds of other, more interesting places. 

I've been thinking of strange love metaphors. Last week people were sparkly rooms. Today they're mazes. Interesting mazes that you can get lost in. Like hedge mazes. Those are fun. A lot of times at this point in life we walk into a maze, we wander around for a bit, we find our way out, we had fun but are glad we know where we are now. And sometimes I suppose the walls can just fall over, but it doesn't happen as often as you'd think.
The point of this was that the door has to be unlocked first. Otherwise we're all wandering around knowing exactly where we are but not knowing what the point is.

My puppy jumped up onto my bed a moment ago. I don't think he's a maze. I love him though. He just kind of pokes around the way puppies do...

There's this tree outside my window. When it's windy, the tree scrapes my window and sounds like a monster or something. When we first moved here it freaked me out, now I pretend I'm friends with the monster. Or that we have a friendly rivalry, at least.
"Scratch all you want silly, I'm snuggled in and you can't get me"

How all of this came from contemplating mercantilism, I'll never know.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: