9.05.2008

A long week, and the nature of change

And the week has only been two days. Next week will be 2.5 times more exhausting. But honestly, even with all that's going on, I'm not worried about junior year. Everyone else seems to be, but I'm really not.
Really.

That said, I am so exhausted. The general madness of these couple days has been enough. But things will stabilize, the work will pick up, and it'll just be school all over again. 
I'm a believer in the idea that things never really change THAT much, not dramatically.
I might be the only one there. I was talking about this with someone a little while ago, saying how I never FEEL anything change. It's like that day or year or moment has always been like that, and things were never any different. But then you look back and say "Whoa wait. That actually happened?"
It's funny. My current theory is that things do change, obviously, but they do so very slowly in most cases. So if you aren't watching for it, you don't really notice.
That's my theory.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: