7.20.2009

CDs and some quotes without context

Vivian's here.
Balance is restored to the universe.

She's sitting here on my bed, talking about stalkers with shrines and Helga Pataki. Daph is on the floor organizing her music because we had an epic music-sharing-morning and she likes to have these things in order.
I'm just going to listen to hers as driving mixes.
Although they didn't get the magical secret clara-driving-mix-ordering ritual. So they might not be as magical as mine usually are.

Vivian: You haven't seen the size of my penis. When you see me naked, we'll talk.... (pause)... Daphna's putting me in a mood, and I don't like it.

I had to document that, sorry.
Anyways, when I make driving mixes, I do it specially. If that's a word that applies in this situation. I have my "new songs," songs that I've just downloaded. And then I have my "old classics," which are songs that already have strong emotional ties. And then there are the "random good songs," which need no explanation. And I can't have more than three "old classics" on any one mix of 20ish songs, and I prefer to keep my "new songs" spaced evenly. Also, I like the first song to be a good up beat song, and the last song to be a song that will make me think and feel.

Vivian and Daphna: (simultaneously) 8 PACK, HE'S REALLY JACKED, HE'LL EAT YOU LIKE A SNACK, BECAUSE HE'S 8 PACK!

So I'm not sure whether Daphna's mixes, organized alphabetically by artist, will be good driving mixes. Alphabetically by artist is kind of the worst organization ever, in my opinion, because it keeps similar songs together and makes it easy to predict which will come next. I hate knowing what song is going to come next.
I'm spontaneous and exciting, see?
See how spontaneous my carefully-planned-ritualistic-CD-making is?

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Katie said...

Your OCD-ness is always fun to read about. A lot more amusing than bureaucratic-authoritarianism. blog > endless sociology reading