7.19.2009

The way we communicate

Daphna and I are like, um... yeah! Dictionary!

This is the way we communicate. Several of my home friends have been exposed to she and I in action lately, and they seem to be astounded.
I'm not quite sure how it happens, but we almost always seem to know what the other is talking about. Like, she'll say something really innocuous and ambiguous such as "Remember that time I was talking to that person about that thing, and then he said people would like, like that? About that story?"
And I will know exactly what she's referring to.

I think it's like, a product of our brain-sharing. Like, we met three years ago, and we weren't nearly as tight as we are now, but we were good friends. And then the next summer we became like, brain-sharing people and we would (and still do) tell each other every single random story of our lives. Like, I know about the time that her friend let another friend's dog eat a raisinette and the second friend flipped out. And she knows how I actually want to marry Wyatt the rising fourth grader because he has always had a crush on me. And that I have an itunes playlist called "a certain genre"

Daphna: I'm going to play songs in taiwanese if you don't stop it!

So anyway, I can say something that would make sense in my head, and this girl gets it, because everything in my head has been in her head too.
Which sounds really creepy but it's also awesome.

Anyone who's had a conversation with me knows that a lot of things "make sense in my head".
So this is convenient.
Anyway, that's the best way I can think of to describe/understand the way Daphna and I communicate. It's mad complicated and probably involves dark magic.

We saw Harry Potter today... Forgive my magic-oriented brain.

Also, today I burned my arm on an oven, and tomorrow I have to go to german. And I like non-sequiturs.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: