7.01.2009

Driving in the City

Why is it that I always fail somehow when I'm meeting someone at Dupont Circle?
I rolled out of bed this morning at noon. And immediately realized it was too late to take the metro into DC, since things have been slower since the Red Line crash, and I would have to walk to the metro station because no one was there to give me a ride and... yeah. So I had to drive.
I love my little Garmin navigator, I really do, but sometimes he is an idiot.
Or maybe the idiot is me. You can never tell.
But anyways, Garmin is terrible at giving directions around circles (or I'm terrible at driving around circles) and DC is full of them.
I ended up parking a million years away because I thought I was in the right place.
Yikes.

Lunch was yummy though. I've decided, in terms of what I can and cannot eat, that noodles don't count if they're asian. So I had Pad Thai.

Also, if you were as curious as I was regarding whether my insomnia was legitimate, it is! There are three classifications of insomnia- transient, acute, and chronic. 
Mine's transient. Lasts from days to weeks and is caused by changes to the sleep environment (check) and stress (check).
Thank you, wikipedia

It's curious (and annoying) that I'm stressed out now. I mean, it's July. I spent the past ten months trying to keep my head on straight, since most everyone else was busy being eaten by stress. 
And now it's summer and they're free and I'm stressed.
Not. Fair.
At least my stress is legit. I mean, moving across the ocean is legit, right?

Love always,
Clara

No comments: