11.28.2009

a facebook conundrum

You know what I hate? I hate the fact that no one is quite comfortable with the fact that facebook is the ultimate stalking tool. It's like, stalking is what facebook was made for, and yet we all feel so awkward about it.
Recent events have brought me to this position.
The recent events in question are as follows:
I was stalking someone on facebook. It was a girl who graduated a couple years ago. I don't even remember why I clicked on her albums instead of the "Photos of X" button- just chance. I think I was doing it to stalk her college in general.
And so I'm clicking through the pictures, and I realize that there are like, five pictures in a row of this girl with my cousin (or rather, step cousin. It counts)!
So I want to let her know that this guy she's friends with is my cousin, but can't do that without admitting that I was stalking her, or stalking my cousin, which is almost weirder.

I know the next logical step in this process is to calm down and acknowledge that maybe she doesn't care at all that I'm her friend's cousin, seeing as she and I maybe exchanged three words during the two years that we coexisted in the high school.

But it just bothers me. I want her to know.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: