11.30.2009

I did it!

Hooray!
There were moments when I wasn't sure I would make it this year.
But I did!

Unfortunately, like in '07, my plot is far from finished. However, unlike '07, I fully intend to actually finish it! This will happen while I wait for college decisions. I trust that people who want to read my novel in its unedited-but-at-least-a-complete-narrative form will bug me until I get something worthwhile done.

Here's a thought I had today- The government can decide to add a twenty ninth day to February every four years. No one questions this. It's done for the common good, so that our years don't get out of sync with the seasons (that .25th day in the year can make a difference, I guess, if you ignore it for too long).
So why not, for the sake of the common good, get rid of, perhaps, one monday a month? Just let the first sunday of the month be followed by the first tuesday of the month, and skip monday? We would have a few six day weeks, but does that really affect anything? It affects TV schedules. That's basically it! It would be so simple!

I want to make this happen. I'm not a fan of mondays.

Also, in a creative burst today, I started playing around with flickr.

But most importantly: I had hot chocolate today.
And tomorrow, I'll know to wear a real snow jacket. It's World AIDS Day, so we community-service-oriented kids (i.e. all of us) are handing out red ribbons and asking for donations in the afternoon.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: