11.04.2009

New music, my last day, and more!

Today was my last day at Potomac for the next six months. Is that completely mindblowing or completely mindblowing?
Because my mind was completely blown.
It didn't really occur to me until I'd left, actually, that I wouldn't be back for so long. Isabella was driving through the suburbs and I just had this feeling like I was an empty shell.
It was weird.

Then I saw my parents. And then I downloaded a bunch of new music. So overall it hasn't been a bad day.

The latest crop of musical choices-
I'd Hate to Be You When People Find Out What This Song is About - Mayday Parade
Summer Hair = Forever Young - The Academy Is...
Osaka Loop Line - Discovery
Forever & Always - Taylor Swift
Jump Then Fall - Taylor Swift
Dear Jack - Jack's Mannequin
Swim (Music Box) - Jack's Mannequin
TiK ToK - Ke$ha
The entire 'Love' album - The Beatles

That last album has a fun story behind it. I was sitting on the floor of the Crossroads and John Henry walked by with this album in his head.
I was like "Oh hey can I take this out of your hand and put it on my computer okay thanks bye then"

I had dinner with Isabella's family tonight. They eat at the same time every night. It's fascinating.

Isabella: Oh, mom, Clara's family doesn't have like, regular family dinners.
Mrs G: Really?
Me: Yeah. Dinner was usually Mom's territory, which meant it was Dad's territory, which meant it was usually the territory of Pita House down the street.

Me: I went over to [redacted]'s house in like, fourth grade. We played dolls. I came home and my mom was like "how was your playdate" and I was like "... we played with dolls." I think she understood.
Isabella: I played with dolls for a while...
Me: But you never made me do it with you.
Isabella: I would make up terrible games. Like, my dolls were always getting kidnapped, but their kidnappers secretly loved them.
Me: When I played with dolls, they always had leukemia or something.
Mr G: One day a therapist is going to have a field day with that one.

Just now-
Isabella: AH!
Me: ... what?
Isabella: A fourteen dollar garlic press? A fourteen dollar tenderizer? Ah!
Me: Yesss! Cookware!

I am going to miss the DC kids like crazy. But I'm excited for my sister's wedding and I'm excited to get back to Switzerland.
I miss my home.

Speaking of home, I have not been to Old Town once since being home. I thought I'd want to go. I really don't though. I feel no need to put myself through that. There have been enough emotionally ambiguous conundrums for two weeks, thank you very much.

Ending with one more real conversation-
David: So apparently your mom emailed my mom or something. My mom asked me yesterday morning, "Did you buy Clara a leopard print nightgown?"
Me: *laughs uncontrollably* Oh... my... god...

Snuggie ≠ Nightgown.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: