11.14.2009

In case you couldn't tell, my family is weird.

I got coffee with the Polish ambassador's daughter today. It was a fun daughters-of-diplomats thing.
Then I came home to find my mom on the couch watching Pimp My Ride.
Real Conversation-
Me: Are you watching this?
Mom: I LOVE it!

She's very impressed by Xhibit's talent. She finds him hysterical. I sat down and we watched MTV for like, an hour. It's fun because there are german subtitles but everyone speaks in english.

Then I came back into my room to write in my novel but got distracted by facebook. Story of my life.
Dad brought me lasagna. It's yummy. Although I shouldn't be eating pasta.
We heard mom laugh down the hallway.

Me: Is mom still watching MTV?
Dad: Yeah, she's loving it.

Grace, in the meantime, is downstairs doing math homework. I think the roles in this family are a little jumbled.

I don't know if I'm going out tonight. But it's only eight forty five. Anything can happen. I'd gotten into this pathetic habit of saying to myself at 8:30, "Oh, no one's called. I guess I'm a sad loser" and then I'd get into my pajamas. I realize now that these kids are on a completely different timeline, and I shouldn't decide I'm a sad loser until 10:30. Which is okay by me.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: