11.16.2009

We the people...

I just wrote an International School of Berne Student Council constitution.
It was actually kind of fun. I took the Occam's razor approach. The last constitution was four pages long and didn't actually say anything. Mine is one, and gives us a structure for getting things done.
I'm quite proud of it.

Something occurred to me though- We have a meeting tomorrow and I'm going to do everything I can to get everyone to agree to this draft that I have, mostly for the sake of time.
But when I play out possible arguments in my head, all of my responses refer to the American constitution. Which only about a third of our student council is familiar with.

International schools are fun.
But frustrating when you're trying to make analogies.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: