11.19.2009

Yesterday, I slept.

That's my awesome excuse for not blogging. It was one of those oh-I'll-just-read-this-great-book-by-Stephen-Pinker-zzzzzzz moments at like, 7 PM. Four hours later I woke up, realized it was four hours later, and said to myself "oh fuck it" so I took off my jeans and crawled under the covers.
I woke up after a solid 12 hour period of unconsciousness wearing only a sweater feeling very confused.

So that's why I didn't blog. I didn't write either. But last night the as-of-yet unnamed a cappella group had its first practice! We're learning 'All you need is love' because of two things:
1. It's easy to arrange, and shouldn't be that hard to learn either.
2. I'm shamelessly ripping off Mag 7. I also printed sheet music to Viva La Vida. What now, 7-wild-and-crazy-guys*?
However, we're cooler than Mag 7, because we have girls.

Today, we had a half day. This is because today is the start of a long weekend for the strange swiss holiday that is Onion Market.
Onion Market is a sort of combination of Thanksgiving and Mardi Gras. Way back in 1405, Bern burned down (wordplay!). And because Bern burned, the Bernese people gave the farmers from Fribourg the right to sell the Bernese people onions. This made sense in 1405.
Now we celebrate this fact by getting crazy-drunk at 6 in the morning and buying lots of onion products such as onion pie and decorative onion things. Also, we throw confetti into other people's mouths. And hit them with plastic hammers.

I'm very much looking forward to it.

Anyway, today after our glorious half day, I hung out in town for like, five hours. With people. It seems I might be legitimately getting friends here.
Halima and Lyna showed me "the whore store" known in most circles as "Tally Weijl". It really is not classy, although there are sweaters there that I would buy. Sweaters. By sweaters, I mean not-leopard-print-skintight-dress-things. Which are also available.
We explored boots. Jelena met up with us. I've finally figured out how she pronounces her name. It's ye-LAY-na, not YE-lu-na.

So that's fun. Shopping and coffee are delightful things.

Tomorrow, I'm dying my hair. Not dramatically. It will be slightly redder than it is now. Only slightly. We'll see.
I'll post pictures of the process, Julia-Allison style.


Love always,
Clara

*Regarding the 7-wild-and-crazy-guys, that's what my dad used to call them, back in the day. He's clever sometimes.

1 comment:

Katie S. said...

Aah, Mag 7, haha. They did "Moondance" by Van Morrison at concert last night; Brandon had a scat solo, every girl in the room basically died, methinks.