11.30.2009

snow!

I love snow. I'm basically the only one here who does. There are two conversations i've been having today.

Conversation 1-
Me: It's snowing!
Other person: I hate snow. It's so cold and wet.

Conversation 2-
Me: It's snowing!
Other person: I know! In [arid homeland], it never snows!

However, I made a very serious mistake this morning. My silly iphone told me that today would be the warmest day of the week, with a high of forty seven. So I wore a short sleeved shirt and a button-down sweater and (get ready for it) TOPSIDERS.
Which soaked through in about thirty seconds.
By lunch it felt like I wasn't wearing shoes at all, just walking barefoot through the frozen slush. It wasn't a good feeling.

Halima: I hate procrastination.
Me: Procrastination is like my abusive boyfriend. I keep telling myself I'll never go back... but he's just so seductive. And then he beats me.
Halima: Yeah, I get that. When you tell yourself you won't, and then night comes, and you have nothing better to do... and then you procrastinate.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: