9.21.2010

don't think that i'm pushing you away...

... when you're the one that I've held closest
-Crystallized, The XX

I just bought tickets to The XX in Boston on October 3rd. Also, cheap bus tickets to and from boston that night. John and I are making a concert trip.
This is happening.
And I am so excited.

It all started when I ran into John on the way back from the campus store. I had to buy tomato soup. (Or, I wanted to buy tomato soup, because it was too late to go to the ratty, and having some tomato soup on hand is always a good idea. Strictly speaking, it wasn't absolutely necessary.) He suggested that we discuss linguistics later. I agreed.
So about three hours later I stopped into his room with my laptop and we discussed consonant clusters and such.

Me: I had these as tense vowels in the high and mid tongue positions.
John: I think they're just regular tense vowels though.
Me: Oh, you're right! Sorry, I don't know why I'm so anal about tongue positions. I mean... What?
John and I: [hysterics]

Clearly he and I focus really well.
Anyway, we got on to talking about music, and we both love the XX, and they're playing in Boston, and tickets weren't too expensive, so we went ahead and bought some. The plan is to leave Providence around 6, get to Boston around 7, go to the show at 7:30, leave Boston at 11, and be back in Providence by 12 so that we can be in bed in time for class the next morning.

It's going to be epic. Between this and my journey to DC for the rally at the end of October, I'm developing quite an itinerary.

Me: I need to figure out cheap transportation to Princeton. I'm going down for the football game.
John: Who are they playing?
Me: ... Brown?
John: Oh! Do you know anything about our football team?
Me: Well, they play football... what else do I need to know? We're playing Harvard next weekend...
John: Oh yeah, my Harvard friend is coming down.
Me: Nice. I don't have any harvard friends. All my friends are far too interesting to go to Harvard.
John: Yeah, she's not very interesting...

I really need to make some tea and go to bed. Dan and Cameron aren't getting their kettle back any time soon. For real.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: