9.28.2010

everything is gonna get lighter

Even if it never gets better!
Get Better - Mates of State

I just went to their concert. Talk about spur of the moment. Hannah M got sick and couldn't go, so John texted me and asked if I'd buy her ticket.
Um, obviously.

To be honest, I was probably the least-well-versed in Mates of State canon, among John, Benny, Leela, and myself. But Get Better was essentially the song that got me through this fall, and it holds a special place in my musical consciousness.

The opener was really cool too. Nanna Øland (known as Oh Land) had been a ballerina, but an injury sort of killed that plan, so she went into music instead. She's from Copenhagen, and her mother was a great Dane.
This caused much amusement.

I have so much work to finish tomorrow morning though. Not looking forward to that. Not at all.

... Worth it.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: