9.30.2010

tswift, freud, and new songs

I've been meaning to download some more Mates of State (and what little Oh Land I can find. Apparently her new EP comes out next month, so I'm way ahead of the curve. What else is new?)
Anyway, just buying a few new songs is not how I work. So here's the lastest batch.

Apologies - Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
Rambling Man - Laura Marling
The Box - Johnny Flynn
Brown Trout Blues - Johnny Flynn
Inni mer syngur vitleysingur - Sigur Ros
Infinity - The xx
Sun of a Gun - Oh Land
True Love Will Find You In the End - Mates of State
My Only Offer - Mates of State

In the process, I stumbled upon this music video. I'll be real here: it gave me chills [OMG! TAYLOR SWIFT! LOVE! BOYS! OMG!]. At the same time though, it's incredibly cheesy and sort of weirded me out.
And then I figured out why.


It's so freudian. Like, he would have a field day with Taylor. She lacks the love of her father, so she seeks a surrogate in a guy her age, and then has some sons.
Maybe I'm taking my MCM class too seriously. I've been seeing sexual imagery everywhere these days. Do y'all realize how phallic the SciLi is? Do you have any idea?

Maybe I'm just a freak. That's always an option.

Love always,
Clara

2 comments:

John White said...

I have a friend whose mom refuses to eat butternut squash because she believes it to be a phallic symbol. THAT'S crazy.

Daphna said...

hahaha oh freud and his field days. this scenario reminds me of a certain friend of mine with similar issues though..yeah. also, i love how crazy you are.