9.04.2010

zoombinis, and mad class

So the other day I was sitting in the Ivy room with Benny and John and Megan and her friend Anna whom I've maybe met twice.
We were eating hummus and such other middle eastern things.

Somehow we got on to talking about video games we enjoyed as a child.

Benny: Do you remember that game, with the little blue people? And you could give them hats?
John: Oh! And they could have springs for feet?
Me: And they used to make pizza for the grumpy people?! And there was a sneezing mountain?!
All of us, in dorky and unrealistic unison: I loved that game!

None of us could remember the name. We didn't have very many identifying features either. How do you google that?
"blue people making pizza sneezing mountain children's game"?

Well, yes.

We spent the next fifteen minutes reminiscing about the Zoombinis that we used to love.

Someone, somewhere, probably my father, once told me that the word "that" was once said to be too versatile to be useful, and someone once came up with a sentence that uses the word "that" something like six or seven times in a row. I've made an effort to use "which" instead as much as possible since then.
However.
On thursday I was in my Introduction to Linguistics class, and someone asked the professor about the that/which distinction, and she said that they were both "proper", although "that" is more colloquial.
Take that.

Speaking of classes, I think I've got my schedule figured out: Intro to Linguistics, Intro to Economics, The Meaning of Life, and Intro to Modern Culture and Media.

Three classes on Mondays and Wednesdays (and perhaps fridays, depending on what mcm section I'm placed in), and one on Tuesday/Thursday. I'm always done with classes before noon. Hooray for not having to rush to lunch.

Also, Emma Watson is shopping my philosophy class. Or, she was, for about ten minutes on friday. She sat down like three rows in front of me and I was so excited.
She probably hates people like me- random stalker freshmen. Oh well.

This whole post has been so rambly.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: