9.09.2010

first collegiate music binge

And I'm as all-over-the-place with my musical preferences as ever.
My recently acquired tunes:

Waitin' for a Superman (Flaming Lips cover) - Iron & Wine
King of Anything - Sara Bareilles
Suburban War - Arcade Fire
We Used to Wait - Arcade Fire
Faithfully (Journey cover) - Matt the Electrician
Hang With Me - Robyn
Bulletproof (La Roux cover) - Lou Barlow
Love is All - The Tallest Man on Earth
Go Do - Jonsi

Clearly David showed me 'King of Anything' like, months ago, but I only just now decided I want it in my music library. It reminds me of my encounters with family this summer. The general theme is "seriously, don't tell me what to do because it's really not your place, and that's just rude" which I think is a good theme for a song.

Also, I discovered this awesome blog that is all about covers (which is great, because I'm all about covers). It's called Cover Me and it's rocking my world. Note the abundance of covers above.

Unrelated sidenote: Today, in linguistics, I learned that, "anything can happen if you're drunk enough."
(Thanks, professor!)

Love always,
Clara

No comments: