9.22.2010

don't you just hate that?

I went to Jo's with John and Hannah last night. We had a number of interesting conversations.

John got a salad. He made it himself.

Me: I can't do that. It's too much stress. I always get a pre-designed salad. If they put an ingredient in and I don't like it, I can blame them. But what if I design it, and I don't like it? It's all on me! What does that say about me... as a person?
Hannah: That's deep. Salads, man... Salads.

Hannah and I are probably the last two people on earth who haven't seen Inception. We're going to go see it at some point. We invited John to come along.

John: I didn't think it was that good. I mean, it was a good movie, but I'd give it like, four out of five stars. . . You know what I don't like? When they make the beginning of a movie intentionally confusing. It's like, rubbing it in your face that you don't know what's going on.

About fifteen minutes later, we were walking back having some conversation (that I can't remember), and, out of the blue--

John: Don't you hate it when old people fart?
Hannah and I: ... What?
John: That will make sense in the context of what I'm about to tell you...
Me: You're doing just what Inception did! You hypocrite!

I feel like my retelling of these conversations do not do them justice.
I hate it when funny things happen but you had to be there, because one of my favorite things is trying to convey these funny things to other people.
Damn.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment: