9.01.2010

hey there sydney dalton i think you're chill

This is when you know you spend too much time on the internet. I'm ashamed to even be aware of this debacle.


So here's the story. I'm paraphrasing Jezebel's coverage of the nonsense. This girl that you see above decided she would make an anti-Justin-Bieber video. It's sort of cute. In any case, I am well acquainted with awkward early-teen youtube moments, and am completely sympathetic to the way she will look back on herself later.

But you know those Bieber fans. They're not the most rational people. And by that I mean, I'm almost concerned that there are subliminal messages in his songs.

Which brings me to this video:


THIS GIRL ISN'T EVEN UNIQUE. Sydney Dalton and #slutneydalton were trending topics on twitter today. There is a massive army of awkward tween girls, and they're all pissed off at one person. And sending her DEATH THREATS.
For just about no reason.

I am so glad I'm older than this/not mentally unstable (oh wait, yes I am, but in different ways).
I'm cracking up right now.
Like... wow.
What is the world coming to?

There is also a point to be made about cyberbullying and such but this is too much of a joke for me to take anything seriously at the moment.

For the record (because I don't want to receive any death threats), I rather enjoy some of Justin Bieber's songs, but sometimes I have really bad taste in music, and I totally accept that.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: