1.23.2011

busy busy

Back on campus and life is sweet.
I woke up at eight this morning, hung out for a bit, got dressed, and went to Starbucks where I bought the Sunday Times and drank my doubletallsugarfreevanillasoylatte.
Then, John and I went to the mall where I bought a new iPod (the old one, which I'd had since sophomore year, had reached the end of its life) from a guy named Stephen.

Me: I'd like to buy an iPod.
Stephen: Cool!
Me: Yeah. Just an iPod classic.
Stephen: Cool! I can help you with that!
Me: Great, thanks.
Stephen: Yeah! Cool!

He was a generally enthusiastic character. He told us to come back sometime. As if we're going to go to the Apple store and say "Oh, hi, we don't need anything, we're just looking for our friend Stephen."
The mall was fun. There seems to be some kind of cheerleading competition going on in Providence, and we saw a lot of people in midriff bearing uniforms and eye glitter.

On the way out, we saw some local kids outside.

John: Look at the natives!

This reminded me of something.

Me: So I was in Switzerland, and my Mom did something weird, I don't know...
John: That's basically the story of your life.
Me: ... yes.

He's 100% right about that. But the story continued.

Me: I remember, she ordered sparkling water instead of regular, which I don't even understand.
John: I hate sparkling water.
Me: Me too. So I was like, "Mom, what are you doing?" and she was like "Clara, I've gone native."

That's a real story.
I really don't like sparkling water.

Anyway, then later we went to Whole Foods with Liz and Jenny and Felice. I have so many fruits and veggies right now. It is making my day.

I am so glad to be back.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: