1.06.2011

not throwing myself off the balcony

We're in Lugano! By "we" I mean the whole family. We drove down here today, Grace is looking at a boarding school tomorrow morning and mom and I are going shopping, and then tomorrow we're driving back. It's an exciting life.
Lugano is fun because they speak italian and none of us speak italian.
Mom's strategy is to mime.

We visited the spa this afternoon. This hotel is great. I hung out in the steam room for a bit and... felt steam... around me... and breathed it in? I'm not really sure what one is supposed to gain from a steam room. Was I supposed to be relaxed? Rejuvenated? Super flexible? Is hot yoga still a thing people do?
Sometimes I feel like there is so much I just don't know about the world. Such as the purpose of steam rooms, or how to put stockings on without ripping them.

Mom: What are you reading?
Me: The Bell Jar.
Mom: Ugh, Sylvia Plath? Why don't you just throw yourself off the balcony?

I really like Sylvia Plath, actually. I'm much more of a tortured soul than I tend to let on, so her writing appeals to me a lot.
No worries though; I have no plans to stick my head in the oven. I don't even know how to turn our ovens on.

Quotes without Context: Holiday edition #3
"I'll never look at Osama Bin Laden the same way again!"

Love always,
Clara

No comments: