1.21.2011

new friends

Yet again. I think every relocation I've made this year could be described as "going home."
I packed today. It was easier this time around. I have a vague idea now of what I actually wear. I don't know why this was such a mystery to me before.

Tonight we went out. I was more punctual than the rest of those hooligans. Which meant I was standing at the treftpunkt by myself for a bit. I made some new friends.

Guy: *German*
Me: Oh, I speak english...
Guy: Oh! Where are you from?
Me: Um, America
Guy: What are you doing here?
Me: I'm meeting friends. I think they're coming in on the S7. They should be here any minute...
Guy: Girl friends?
Me: Mostly guys.
Guy: You're a blondie. I like blondies. I'm a black man.
Me: I see.
Guy: My name is Prince.
Me: It's nice to meet you.

The bit about blondies is 100% direct transcription of what he said. That was in no way paraphrased or reworked for shock value.

Then a friend of his, Ashley, turned up, and she seemed pretty cool, and I was in a public place, so I felt less sketched out about the whole thing. Although I did give Kyle the "Hi I'm at treftpunkt making new friends where the hell are you?" phone call.

Ashley was quite nice. She'd gotten her hair done that day, and she had this curled mohawk situation going on, and the sides were buzzed. She had designs on each side. One side had swirls and one had a picture of a cat. I am not even joking.

I love meeting new people and having new experiences.
Tomorrow I will fly back to Providence and see my wonderful college friends and this will be great.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

kmac said...

hooligan? you called me a hooligan?
we're done, finito. i'll let you know where you can send my stuff.