1.01.2011

zubringerdienst you

Dad: However, Uncle Stu was never gay, unlike many male models.
Mom: While you were in the bathroom, Clara, I made the mistake of telling you father that [one of Mom's exes] was a model.

I had dinner with my parents tonight and it was hilarious.
We're out of eggs. This is a crisis.

Mom: This was easy driving home.
Dad: On the way here I took the long way because I didn't want to get a ticket driving through Matte.
Me: But you did it just now.
Dad: Well I cut the odds in half. I didn't want to be pulled over and have to explain that I was zubringerdiensting your mother.
Me: That does sound questionable.

"Zubringerdienst" means you can only drive through a particular area if you're going there. As in, not just passing through.

Mom: Zubringerdienst you!

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Lisa Maria Koßmann said...

Yeah, Zubringerdienst definitely is a great word. As far as I can tell, only few Germans know what it is about. :D