1.11.2011

misfits

So I've been watching this show called Misfits.
It's rocking my world. It's about these british teenage juvenile delinquents who are hit by lightning and get super powers. If that doesn't sound fantastic to you, you need to reevaluate your standards.

One of the guys, Curtis, can rewind time. He can't control it, but when something bad happens generally he'll just rewind back to the point where he can stop that bad thing from happening.

Last night I had a dream that I could do that. In the dream I went back to school, and Daphna was there. Then I went back in time, and suddenly it was the beginning of the school year, and we were at this barbecue thing. Kayla was there too. Now, I couldn't remember exactly what my social situation was at the time of this hypothetical barbecue, so I turned to Daphna (who was still there) and asked "So, I just came from the future; remind me which of these people are my friends right now? Am I still hanging out with this person? Am I friends with that kid yet?"
And I ended up saying hi to someone that I wasn't supposed to be friendly with, and I changed the future.

I think it's telling that while Curtis tends to use his power to avoid his friends' deaths, I end up using mine to complicate my social situations.

I also think it's telling that I had a dream that combined Misfits and being back at Brown, because
1) I am so bored that I've been watching two episodes of this show per day.
2) I really want to go back to school.

Tomorrow we go to Lichtenstein though. That should be fun.

Love always,
Clara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://philosophistry.com/scans/2010/lol-face.jpg

Thomas said...

MISFITS IS GOING TO BE MY LIFE AFTER IB