12.01.2009

the little hand-raising demon.

I'm in the computer lab right now, working on yearbook. It's hard to work on yearbook with essentially zero pictures, but that's okay. Somehow I'm managing.
There's a class going on in here though, a sixth grade technology class. I remember being in sixth grade, and being in a technology class, but I don't remember being this small.

Anyway, this just happened-

Mr K: Your hand is up. Do you have a question?
Kid: No...
Mr K: Well then put your hand down! You're interrupting my lesson!
(apparently, the kid smiles)
Mr K: Is this amusing to you? Is it funny? It makes you feel really powerful, doesn't it! Do you feel good now, knowing that you can disrupt my whole lesson just by raising your hand? You need to start thinking very seriously about your behavior!

I sort of giggled in the back of the room when this was going on, and then I realized the teacher was one hundred percent serious.
Yikes.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: