3.16.2010

in the library

The library here is not the same thing as the library at my old school. It's maybe 1/5 the size, and there are no comfy chairs (and definitely no random beanbags) and the printer only works half the time.
That's why I'm here- the printer. It works more often than the printer that's connected to the student lounge computers, which works about 0% of the time, and hasn't worked for months. I'm not sure why it hasn't been fixed or replaced or something. I imagine it's a combination of financial issues and a burning desire to keep us down on the part of the administration. I imagine their meetings going something like this-

Someone: The seniors always complain about printer C18 being broken.
Someone else: Hah! Students unhappy about something we could fix? Perfect! If they're complaining so much, they don't deserve a new printer! Men, I think we're doing a hell of a job here. Who's up for another beer?

I also imagine the meetings taking place at the brewery in Worb, which has 1 franc beers on friday afternoons. I imagine this would be one of the school's more effective cost-cutting efforts.

Anyway, that's what I'm doing in the library. Yesterday I didn't blog because I. Am. Lame. But that ends now. I feel like I've been a bad blogger lately so I'll try to keep you updated more religiously. I could say I've been busy but I really haven't, so I don't have much of an excuse.
Now, I should be busy, because I have a physics exam to take, but I'm procrastinating. Funny how things work out that way.
Yesterday was also the ides of march. I made a Julius Caesar joke as my facebook status ("Clara is: avoiding the senate today") but I can't be sure it made sense to anyone not already thinking about the ides, because no one responded, which is frustrating a little bit.
I like it when people respond to my facebook statuses!
I also like showing off what a nerd I am!
Mostly I just like attention!

I'm going to Papa Joe's (American [read: Mexican] restaurant) today. Hooray for that.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: