3.19.2010

ski days: episode seven

And the final installment of the ski days series.
We had a student council meeting on the train and worked out talent show logistics. I'm singing in it. I'm nervous but not too nervous because at that point, I'll only have another two weeks or so left in this school anyway.
Which is pretty mind-blowing, actually.

Also, we had an epic snowfight after lunch. It was really warm today so I stripped down to my underarmor (with my Jason Mraz t-shirt which is both pink and awesome) and we slid down this hill by the restaurant on the mountain in our snowpants (so many prepositions!). And then people started throwing snow at us so we retaliated but it was refreshing in a way similar to having a waterfight on a hot summer day. It was absurdly warm for a ski day, and we were all relatively bundled up, so the snow felt fantastic.

We did jumps again, and I crashed pretty epically, but it was fun. There's this box thing, and you have to ski up it, ski over the top (like, 1 meter), and then drop down the other side (which is really steep). The other times I'd done it, I hadn't gotten quite enough speed (and almost didn't make it to the top of the box, both times,) so today I was determined to get the necessary speed to get over it. I even said to myself, "speed speed speed speed speed" because I totally talk to myself when I ski.
And I got speed, and then I was airborne, and then I was falling, and then I realized it was probably a little more speed than I needed.
It was actually pretty fun though.

Also, I am going to have a really awkward ski-goggle-tan, because currently I have a really awkward ski-goggle sunburn.
Super.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: